DOC@HOME technology has already been implemented into many care homes, enabling primary and community care to access more clinical data, and making it easier for carers to contact GPs about unwell residents
- Understanding what information a GP needs regarding an unwell resident
- ‘Telephone Tennis’ – the back and forth of telephone calls with a healthcare professional
- Waiting on hold to speak with a healthcare professional
- Prolonged email exchanges
- Communication barriers between carers and clinicians e.g. technical medical terms
- New staff not knowing who to call for support
With remote monitoring these problems are minimised!